Run by ghetto folk indie label VLAD (France), Ghetto Folk is a blog about ghetto music and folk music.
ghetto (borrowing from Italian ghetto, from Venetian, ghèto – “foundry”)
- An (often impoverished) area of a city inhabited predominantly by members of a specific nationality, ethnicity or race.
- An area in which people who are distinguished by sharing something other than ethnicity concentrate or are concentrated.
folk (adj., from Old English folc)
- Of or pertaining to the inhabitants of a land, their culture, tradition, or history.
- Of or pertaining to common people as opposed to ruling classes or elites.
- Folk music
- Any genre of music originating from the ethnic community of a specific region, often not recorded, but passed down orally.
- Contemporary music in the style of traditional folk music.